Good hello, friends! Oh, man.. I think I’m going to need some advice on the books that on are the chopping block this week! If you think I made the wrong choice, let me know!
Down The TBR Hole was originally created by Lost In A Story and the lovely logo!
Anyway, it works like this:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
Let’s Just Jump Into It!
1. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
I’m not sure about this one. I have yet to read Stephen King because I don’t know where to start! Is this a decent book to start with? I have The Stand too, but that’s a monster of a book and I don’t want to start with something that long. Goodreads
2. The Women’s Room by Marilyn French
Okay, I have no idea what this is. If I didn’t know the fact that I had to add it to be on this list I would say I haven’t heard of The Women’s Room before. I just read the synopsis and though it sounds nice, it only says it’s a feminist book that’s it. How am I suppose to know if I want to read it or not? Goodreads
3. A Million Worlds With You (Firebird series) by Claudia Gray
I really love the covers for the whole series. If I had heard better reviews I would definitely read them, but there’s been some not so good reviews lately and too many other books that I really want to read. Goodreads
4. A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
Well, if you saw my TBR for April AND May you would see that I’m finally reading A Torch Against The Night! I really loved the first book and kind of surprised, but kind of not, for picking this up sooner. Goodreads
5. The Wraith and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
This was so loved at one point, then more reviews came out of people not so in love with it. Again, the not so good reviews are kind of turning me off to it now. Also, with rereading the synopsis: MEH. Goodreads
As always, thanks for reading!
Where to find me: